Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 25, 2013

Moving!
I have to move out of my apartment no ifs ands or buts. I have to move! I hate moving. We are a family of three, my husband, son and I. How? Why? When did we accumulate this much stuff?  I'm throwing away old washed-out articles of clothing, knick-knacks that looked so 'cute' at one point. I threw out four or five coffee cups all without handles. After repeatedly putting them in the microwave to get hot water for my coffee the handles finally gave way. I was heartbroken when I had to throw them out. I love my coffee cups. I found a plastic container with three pairs of shoes. They were old, stiff with age and quite dusty, really dusty...gone! I'm sitting in my living room surrounded by black garbage bags, lots of them full of stuff and grey plastic tubs filled with plates, pots and pan from the kitchen. Where the heck did I get so many plastic containers? I filled one garbage plastic bag with DVD movies. I had no idea we had so many movies. I still have two bookshelves with books to carefully pack as soon as I can secure more containers. My son looks a bit confused and regretful that we are leaving. I assured him that change is sometimes a good thing. Although I hate moving and all the work that is associated with it, I love that it gives me a chance to get rid of stuff that was weighing us down. I have a dining chair that has three legs, three!!It's pushed under the table looking as good as ever, why? The last time I saw the other leg my husband had it saying he was going to fix it. Imagine my surprise when I tried pulling it out and realized it was only on the same three legs. I looked at my husband and asked what had happened to the other leg, he looked at me as if I was accusing him of larceny then asked me, " what you mean what happen to the other leg?" What? Am I suddenly speaking French or something? I threw my hands up and walked away. Every Thursday night my son takes the garbage out and three weeks now and I'm still looking at the chair under the dining table. While I was packing up some miscellaneous items I saw the "wanted" chair leg in a corner leaning against the bookshelf looking very much out of place...seriously? I will certainly be very happy to get rid of that chair. My curio cabinet that stood so tall and regal at one point showcasing my angel figurines, dolls, miniature cups and saucers and souvenirs now leaning against the wall as if its too tired to stand. Water damage completely eroded the base of it... Yeah I will be happy to throw that out too. My empty fish tank which stands there with the colorful gravels and huge seashell where Goldie used to hide, I'm not sure if I should keep it. Ever since Goldie and Whitey went to fish heaven via the toilet bowl I am afraid to purchase more fishes. I was surprised at how much it hurts when they passed but it did. I know you couldn't pet them like you do a dog or cat but I clean their tank and fed them and talk to them and was alarmed when whitey became that pale color. I remember running to the pet shop and telling the guy " OMG my goldfish is sick, it's white!! All the gold scales are white, what do I do?" He looked at me quite calmly and told me " Your fish is not sick, some goldfishes do become white when they' re getting old."  I was greatly relieved. I may keep the tank after all. My shower caddy has got to go, it's time. The stand one places over the toilet to keep assorted toiletries...yeah, gone! I definitely will have a lighter load going forward and that is a good thing. My son came home from school, " Mom you did a lot today so do you need anymore help? "
"Yes that would be great, can you empty that shelf and pack them in bag but double the bag please...wait where're you going."
"I'm gonna watch tv in your room."
"I thought you were gonna help me."
"Yeah, yeah later" and with that he watched television and fell asleep three hours now, even snoring.
Guess who had to empty the shelf and pack that bag? The lazy little bugger!!
Later people!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rockaway Girl!! Love the post! Has me laughing and I needed that after the day I had.

Wake up the Boy!

Rockaway Girl said...

Thank you!! Believe me I tried waking him, he mumbled something in a foreign language and turned his head the other way...