Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Where the hell is Spring?

Where is Spring? This seem like the longest and coldest winter we've experienced in a long time. It's exhausting wearing all this winter's gear, coats, hats,scarves gloves, boots and in my case "aise muffins" (a la Oliver). I do not like the cold! I can never seem to get warm. I sleep in sweats, and socks and hog the blankets!! Even back in Jamaica when I resided in Mandeville and I thought it was cold (what a joke) I used to sit in the sun for periods at a time because I was freezing. My mom used to laugh and remarked that I had no blood in my system. It was no joke to me, I was used to the heat, I love the heat. Prior to the "coolness" of Mandeville I was living on the plains of Portmore!! There's a reason why it's called "Sunshine City".

Cold weather is no fun for me. For the young ladies and school girls it's a chance to dress up and look cute in their outfits (more power to them). Me, not so much, I  look more or less like a bag lady! My nostrils are oozing clear liquids that I sometimes cannot even feel, I'm crying for no good reason because my eyes are tearing up and running down my cheeks and worst of all my ears gets cold. I am most miserable when my ears gets cold. It's the most uncomfortable feeling ever! In America prior to Spring, the media make a big-to-do about these rodents who live underground, the groundhog. Somehow they are suppose to be able to predict whether we are gonna have an early Spring or not depending on if they see their shadow or not. This year my friend posted on FB that if he didn't see his shadow she was gonna ambush him and beat his ass! I gave her a thumbs up on that.

I really don't care how hot it gets I love the Summer. I love that I can wear nice light fabrics, my toes are showing their pretty colors in my sandals.  I can show my hair and you can actually see the syle or color I chose. I love the flowers and trees in full blossoming and green foilage stages and I love that no matter how hot it gets, I can drink a cold glass of  lemonade or more likely a cold glass of flavoured iced coffee and chill!
First though I have to get to Spring... Achoo! Seasonal allergies anyone?

1 comment:

JamaicanRocker said...

I understand that feeling while waiting for the warm weather. I loved living in far rockaway in the summer and spring it can be a beautiful place to be by the beach.