Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Haiti

There are deaths and destruction everywhere one looks in Haiti right now and I am saddened and feeling quite helpless. I pray especially for the children who I know must be frightened beyond words and I can't even begin to think of the psychological effect this is going to have on them for a long time to come. It's very difficult for me to wrap my mind around this disaster...it's so complete.

Inspite of it all, there are courageous people from all over the world who are there or on their way to offer help in whatever ways they can to help ease the pain and suffering.
I pray that God will give the nation of Haiti the courage,strength and will to get through this and knowing they are not alone will help tremendously.

May God bless and comfort the people of Haiti.

2 comments:

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Haiti has not had a chance to catch it's breath...one disaster after another, almost year after year.

I am praying extra hard for the children.

I am praying for the women...if you only knew the terrible stuff that happens to women after disasters.

I am praying that this is a wake-up call for Caribbean leaders to truly get together to work together.

Unknown said...

It certainly a sad situation in Haiti.