Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 27, 2009

Having Blood Drawn!

“Aaaawwww, omg! Ouch! Oooh! Omg! dooo-nt! Omg!”
“Please stop all that noise, he said, you’re going to scare all the rest of my patients.”
I watched with squinting eyes as his steady hand with the needle approached the blue vein in my arm and…omg! Ouch! Oooh! Ouch! Wait; wait pleeease, just a minute… All this happened after he gave me a bright orange sickenly sweet liquid to consume and I had asked if I could have ice in it and he laughed at me. I then asked if I could have a gum to take the taste out of my mouth and again it was a no! I could only rinse with water but couldn't swallow any of it as that could mess with the purity of the test. All this was said and done on a fasting that started at midnight and it was now 9:30 in the morning!I had a hour to wait for the first needle. I was so not looking forward to it.

“Shhhh, you’ll make them think I’m hurting you.”
“That’s because you are! Hello! You’re sticking a needle in my arm!”
He said, “Ok, calm down and take a deep breath… just breathe, now form a fist and take another deep breath. I felt a pin prick. “Release the fist and breathe”. I felt it as he adjusted the vial below in his hand. I watched as the dark red liquid ran through tubes and I watched again as he changed vials four times!
“Did you feel that?”
“Yes I did!”
“Ok it’s over; see you at 10:30 sharp!”

This was a three hour blood test and this was just the first hour!!
I am such a wimp!!... Lata!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wimp! LOL!

Jaycan said...

The phobia must be in the genes, I;m no better than you,even though I tell my patients, it'll only be a mosquito bite.

Rockaway Girl said...

Mosquito bites my foot! It's not even the act which terrifies me so much as that sharp, pointy needle and watching as it approaches my arm! I'm so embarassed, but I can't help it, I scream and basically have a huge fight everytime I have to give blood...ugh!! Thanks for stopping by.